Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Blythe: A Work Of Art

Remember I told you I've fallen in love with Blythe dolls? Well, here's a perfect reason why!  This is Leila, a custom designed Blythe doll, by a wonderfully talented woman, who goes by the screen name Gbaby on the chat site called Blythe Kingdom. She was recently commissioned to make Leila and unfortunately, the owner has to sell her now.  Oh, if I had the money- she's a dream doll!

Originally, she was a "Sunshine Holiday Tan Blythe doll" (to the left), but was transformed into this!  She was given the theme - beach. She rerooted the dolls hair with mohair, dyed to a bleach blonde color, and styled straight. She changed the eyes - two pairs of hand painted chips by her, two pairs of Ana Karina chips. She also made the custom pulls (not seen) in the back of the doll that allow you to change the doll's eye colors.

As you can see, the eyelids are painted, the face looks like it is sun kissed with freckles. Really, it's perfect in my eyes. This is another form of art that I hope to learn sometime soon. Until then, I will just stare at Leila and dream.

Leila is for sale. The current bid on her is $800, as of Monday. Offers are being taken until Tuesday May 17th ~ 3pm California time. If you are interested please contact:  bebe.bentley@yahoo.com Please be sure to tell her I sent you and that I'm a big fan of hers!!

4 comments:

  1. This is the first time I've really understood your desire to remake one of these dolls. There is an art to it and she did a fantastic job. Love those eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's the most lovely one I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW!! That is GORGEOUS!!!! I want to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. First time I saw this and I'm intrigued. Some serious love was put into transforming that beautiful doll.

    Loretta

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes us so happy! Please leave us a kind word.